Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My enemy...the scale

This morning…not so good for me….but let’s start with last night.

I got home from work early yesterday and did Level 3 of the 30 day shred, then went and pushed myself to run 2 ½ miles on the treadmill. It was hard, but I felt good afterwards. I didn’t think I would make the whole 2 ½ miles…so I was pretty proud of myself. Afterwards, I had a green monster that contained 2 cups of spinach, 1 banana and 1 cup of fat free milk. For dinner my mom made a stew that contained stew meat, a mixture of veggies(carrots, celery, cabbage), potatoes and a packet of stew seasonings. I had 1 ½ cups of it and of course added lots of sriracha to the top. On the side I had a piece of wheat bread with a melted babybel cheese on the top.  It was delicious.
After dinner, since my family is obsessed with ice cream/frozen yogurt, we went to marble slab and used a coupon that had come in the mail. I ordered a small vanilla frozen yogurt with sugar free chocolate chips and a “tiny bit” of fudge. The lady that was working put way too much fudge and it overpowered everything, so I only had about 4 bites of it(there goes my “no sweets for a week” rule L).  Linny Lou doesn’t look like it here, but she is really enjoying her ice cream…she just doesn’t enjoy that I take pictures of her all the time ;) How could I not, with that adorable face J
This morning I got up and did level 3 again of the “shred”. …and then I got on the scale. Today was the day that I decided to not get on the scale again for 2 weeks, maybe longer. It is just depressing me when I have gained a pound and I feel like I’m working really hard. I know some it has to be muscle, as I have never done so much strength training in my life, but it’s still frustrating. Then it just puts me in a bad mood for the day and I shouldn’t be. This is a lifestyle change…no matter what; I will not stop doing this for the rest of my life. I’m going to have to just get used to the scale going up and down occasionally, but for now, I’m staying away.
I think church will help with this issue as well. I didn’t go last weekend and I regret it. It feels good to go and learn. Next weekend, I’m going for sure.

Lunch today: Leftover WW taco soup from last Friday and a tortilla with a babybel cheese. I have an orange for a snack this afternoon.  Back to work….

No comments:

Post a Comment